The Chester Andover Thrift Shop provides affordable clothing and household goods to the public.
The Thrift Shop is staffed by volunteers who process donations of merchandise for sale in our shop. All clothing donations are sorted, cleaned, sized and steamed. Linens are cleaned and sized. Household goods are cleaned and checked that they are in working condition.
Shoppers will find priced and unpriced items. For unpriced items, the shopper can make a donation.
Proceeds from Thrift Shop sales purchase food for our Food Shelf, provide Financial Assistance to Chester and Andover residents struggling to make ends meet and help us fulfill our mission.
“Making a difference in our community by providing resources for Financial Assistance, nutritional food, affordable clothing and household goods.”
What You Can Donate:
Donations of clean, gently used clothing and merchandise in good working order are always appreciated. The Chester-Andover Family Center Thrift Shop gladly accepts the following donations:
- Accessories: handbags, wallets, jewelry, ties, scarves, hats, gloves
- Small appliances in good working order. i.e. coffee makers, irons, clocks
- Books- no text, encyclopedias or reference material
- Clothing (shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, sweaters, coats)
- Underclothing-new with tags
- Craft Materials
- DVD’s, VHS, CD’s
- Food- non-perishable, not expired
- Pots & Pans
Donations are tax deductible and receipts are available.