1. Canned meats: Think PROTEIN: Canned beef, canned ham, canned chicken, canned salmon, Spam, tuna. Or hearty ready-to-go meals like beef stew and chili with meat.
2. Canned vegetables: Carrots, spinach, peas, green beans or any other veggies your family likes.
3. Canned fruit: Particularly those in fruit juice without extra sugar. Dried fruit works too (raisins, etc.)
4. Boxed meals THAT REQUIRE ONLY WATER.
5. Avoid seasoning packets that contain no protein and are usually high in sodium.
6. Low-sugar cereal like plain Cheerios
7. Peanut butter
8. Instant oatmeal, instant grits.
9. Cans of beans
10. Pasta, pasta sauce—in cans, please.
11. Biscuit or baking mixes.
12. Cans, cartons or boxes of powered, shelf-stable and evaporated milk
13. Snack items for kids to take to school: juice boxes, applesauce containers, granola bars
14. Diapers in sizes above newborn, plus wipes
15. Toiletries: toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo & conditioner, Feminine hygiene products, adult diapers.
16. Household supplies: dish detergent, laundry detergent, cleaners.
17. Spices like cinnamon, oregano, basil, salt, pepper
18. Apples, oranges, bananas, or other fruits
19. Many folks have diabetes, high blood pressure or are gluten intolerant. Consider low-sugar, low salt, gluten free products.
20. Fresh produce—during the summer consider picking up a few extra items when you shop OR plant extra in your garden to share.
21. Reusable sturdy shopping bags.
22. Money. We sometimes have access to lower cost food and supplies than individuals do, so a cash donation may go further, plus we can purchase items such as frozen veggies or a specific item we need.
Remember—every time you shop at our Thrift Shop, the money you spend helps purchase food and pay our mortgage, utilities, and upkeep!
You may drop off your donations at the Center during regular hours:
- Thursdays 2-6
- Fridays 10-2 (pick up fresh produce weekly!)